Blue

Thursday, May 8, 2008

May 2008 - The Greystone Mansion

Ever since Kathy and I went on our tour of LA, I have meant to go back to the Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills http://www.greystonemansion.org/. Tyler and I were in Beverly Hills today, so seeing that we were up there anyway we went to take a look.






Seeing that I had Tyler with me, I had to perk his interest in the place. We went to this pond that has koi and turtles in it. The koi were really funny, they must have assumed that we were going to feed them because the came right to where we were, and followed us around the pond.









And then I fell in love! The mansion, completed in 1928, is so beautiful, and so full of attention to detail. The mansion was built by Edward Doheny for his son Ned. http://www.greystonemansion.org/history.html. Here are some pictures that I took...





































































What I loved most about the mansion was the attention to detail. Here are the chimneys all with different brick patternwork...




























Here are the outdoor light fixtures...


























It was a bit hazy today, but on a clear day the view must be truly spectacular!!


This is the list of movies that have been filmed up at Greystone


1 comment:

mb said...

Love that architecture! Great pics!